Friday, 22 March 2013

Martindale Cyclone Industrial Handheld Blower




MARTINDALE Electric Co. LTD (LONDON
CYCLONE CE/2 Industrial Blower 
1000 Watts
1-4/10 h.p.,  Air Speed 389 m.p.h.; Air Volume 155 cubic feet


The other day I decided to get out my Martindale Cyclone blower to spring clean the inside of my computer.
Having used this blower since the mid 1980's, when I was a Canon typewriter, fax and photocopier engineer. It occurred to me that I should look up some information regarding its history, the information was few and far between.....


My Martindale CYCLONE Industrial Handheld Blower 389 MPH Air Speed Versus a PC!!




Martindale was founded in 1913 as a tool manufacturer for the electric motor maintenance and repair industry. Offering only the highest product quality, timely delivery, competitive pricing, and customer awareness maintains our current leadership position. Our product line is divided into eight main areas: Diamond D Abrasives, Commutator Grinders, Commutator Undercutters, Rotary Burs, Circular Saws, Hand Tools, Electrical Test Equipment, and Other Products.

Advert from the 1950's



Strangely enough I managed to find a  Martindale catalogue featuring the blower, with its accessories,  including pictures from the 1960's. One of the features of the Martindale was that not only did it blow, with the correct attachments it could also be used as a vacuum.